Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

Acosta scores... now 2-0 US.

#244 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 85,711 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

Ghana on the board in the 60th minute... that was a shot.

#245 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

BSL Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

Dwyer could easily have 3 or 4. He has put himself in great position the entire game. Touch has been just a bit off but all in all a fine first time performance.

And I like Acosta taking the free kicks. Expect him to see more and more time with the A team as qualifying moves forward.

#246 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

BSL Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

Well overall a pretty decent performance.

Cuzan controlled his line well and came up big on the PK. Although it wasn't the best shot he did get it.

Corona - Joe had some good possession and several good attacking passes. Nice game but don't think he has enough to be on the team.

Dwyer and Rowe - both very active and added lots to the attack. Dom needs some work on his finish but I am sure he was plenty jittery. Both should get some more looks.

Morris - looked very dangerous in his time. He has been weak so far this year in MLS but he looked really good. He schooled their defense and made a terrific cross to Bedoya who finished well. Except the keeper came up bigger. 

Besler and Hedges looked solid in the back. I like tall guys like Hedges in front of the keeper.

McCarty and Arriola did well in the role of Bradley and Jones (or Ngabe). Solid control and containment when on defense but quick on target passes out of the back to move the attack.

Villafana was fine. Nothing great and no major mistakes.

....and last but not least (starters wise)...

Zusi had a pretty darn good game. He made several very solid defending plays in our area and moved forward at appropriate times and aided the attack. His crosses were a bit off today but all in all he was much better than I expected.

Now one week of training and bring on Panama and the Gold Cup. From here on out I will post my thoughts in the Gold Cup thread.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors