Photo

MLB General Talk 2017 Season Through WS (Houston beats LAD)

• Please log in to reply
1285 replies to this topic

#1281 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,823 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:10 AM

I still think that baseball games get long and slow for things related to the baseball.  Pitching changes, trips to the mound, batters requesting time...those are at least still baseball-related things.  Could definitely shave a few seconds off of each commercial break between innings and during pitching changes, but I don't think baseball has the same type of annoyance that football does where they go to commercial after an XP and after the ensuing kickoff (to be fair, they don't do that every time, but they do it often). 

When it comes to game time, I don't get the vibe that baseball is trying to squeeze every penny out of the broadcast like I do with football.  Probably largely due to the fact that I watch way more local baseball which has shorter breaks than I do national baseball with longer breaks.  And when the O's are in the playoffs and things get really slow, the pace of the game is not a blip on my radar.

#1282 MDtransplant757

MDtransplant757
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

Correa got 2 rings last night. Good for him

#1283 BSLMichaelWeber

BSLMichaelWeber

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,117 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

I still think that baseball games get long and slow for things related to the baseball.  Pitching changes, trips to the mound, batters requesting time...those are at least still baseball-related things.  Could definitely shave a few seconds off of each commercial break between innings and during pitching changes, but I don't think baseball has the same type of annoyance that football does where they go to commercial after an XP and after the ensuing kickoff (to be fair, they don't do that every time, but they do it often). 

When it comes to game time, I don't get the vibe that baseball is trying to squeeze every penny out of the broadcast like I do with football.  Probably largely due to the fact that I watch way more local baseball which has shorter breaks than I do national baseball with longer breaks.  And when the O's are in the playoffs and things get really slow, the pace of the game is not a blip on my radar.

They stopped doing this in the NFL this year.

#1284 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

Correa got 2 rings last night. Good for him

It was a pretty cool moment.  It was nice how Rosenthal got out of the way quickly.

@mikeghg

#1285 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,998 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

The dark days are now upon us..

Great series, congrats to the Astros and their fans.

Really enjoyed every aspect of this series, including the broadcasts. 

My favorite moment was when they were showing highlights of Keith Hernandez in the 1982 World Series, and Burkhardt asked Papi how old he was in 1982.. Papi's repsonse, "I'm Dominican, I might have been 12, I might have been 52, who knows". I thought all the ex players were really good, Smoltz especially on color. 

@beginthebegin71

#1286 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

The dark days are now upon us..

Great series, congrats to the Astros and their fans.

Really enjoyed every aspect of this series, including the broadcasts. 

My favorite moment was when they were showing highlights of Keith Hernandez in the 1982 World Series, and Burkhardt asked Papi how old he was in 1982.. Papi's repsonse, "I'm Dominican, I might have been 12, I might have been 52, who knows". I thought all the ex players were really good, Smoltz especially on color. 

Yea I thought they were all good.  Pappi had some moments where I wondered what the hell he was talking about, but as a group they were good.

Buck and Smoltz at times tried to hard to make a good play sound great but they were enjoyable to listen too.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors