Introductions: Take 2 / Updates

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 MDtransplant757

MDtransplant757
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

Excited to see you and Cumberbundy join the board... I hope you will wind-up being regulars.

I might because of the balance between football and baseball. All we need is a massive hockey part of the site, and I'm going to be here all the time. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#22 Ricker Says

Ricker Says

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,683 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

I might because of the balance between football and baseball. All we need is a massive hockey part of the site, and I'm going to be here all the time. 

The few of us that are here create the illusion of a massive hockey site when it comes time for the annual Caps choke job. Lot of bitching. (I lead the charge). Welcome aboard.

@0TheRick0 (AKA The Rick)
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." ~ The Earl of Baltimore

#23 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,773 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

I wish I had a hockey team to root for. What a fun sport. But F DC and Philly.
  • BSLChrisBacon likes this

#24 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,862 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

The few of us that are here create the illusion of a massive hockey site when it comes time for the annual Caps choke job. Lot of bitching. (I lead the charge). Welcome aboard.

I suppose if you're the bitching devil on one shoulder I'm the placating angel on the other?

For the record, go buy NHL 18, you can redo the offseason the way we would have rather. Vegas took Liam O'Brien instead of Schmidt in mine yesterday.

@JeremyMStrain

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 89,409 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

How did you find us? If you know others who would be a good fit, invite them.

#26 MDtransplant757

MDtransplant757
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

My dad and I watch the playoffs every year together, and every year we're yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" at the TV. I just hope we win 1 and don't completely piss Ovi's career away. 

How did you find us? If you know others who would be a good fit, invite them.

I found you guys on a Baltiomre sun thread, believe it or not. The thread was talking crap about the OH about how the community over there is cancer, and how Tony-OH was the second coming of the Czar (I never had a problem with Tony, but I have heard a fair share of people who were banned from OH for dubious reasons. Then again, I didn't s&%tpost about how much the O's were going to suck, and he and my father are friends dating back to when Tony started OH. Dad worked in Frederick for the Keys at the time and they worked well together.) They recommended this website because it was run by 2 former OH mods and the community wasn't utterly full of nuts and bolts. I will recommend this site to a few people.

BTW, I didn't see a rules thread over here, so I'm going to assume it's similar to the rules on OH and not swear or go on political rants. This isn't /b/ or /pol/, and I don't want to make it that way

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#27 MDtransplant757

MDtransplant757
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:00 PM

I wish I had a hockey team to root for. What a fun sport. But F DC and Philly.

Dad raised me a caps fan, but worked for Comcast spectacor, who owned the Flyers. So go figure. How come you say that about DC and Philly? I'm a huge Baltimoron myself, but I'd pick DC over Philly. That and Baltimore will never get a hockey team, unless Leonsis goes full MASN on the team that moves there, and the civic center is older than dirt. 

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 89,409 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:15 PM

I didn't see a rules thread over here, so I'm going to assume it's similar to the rules on OH and not swear or go on political rants. This isn't /b/ or /pol/, and I don't want to make it that way

Only a couple of rules...

http://www.baltimore...cies-and-rules/

Occasional swearing okay...  definitely when it's emotion, "That's f'ing awesome."     Only not really acceptable when directed at a poster.. also prefer when it's not directed at a player, "He's a f'ing pos."

#29 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,773 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

Short answer. They aren't in Maryland.

#oldlinestaterepresent

#30 MDtransplant757

MDtransplant757
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

Short answer. They aren't in Maryland.

#oldlinestaterepresent

The caps used to play in Landover. 

Only a couple of rules...

http://www.baltimore...cies-and-rules/

Occasional swearing okay...  definitely when it's emotion, "That's f'ing awesome."     Only not really acceptable when directed at a poster.. also prefer when it's not directed at a player, "He's a f'ing pos."

Gotcha. I thought the rules were similar to OH. 

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 89,409 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Dad raised me a caps fan, but worked for Comcast spectacor, who owned the Flyers. So go figure. How come you say that about DC and Philly? I'm a huge Baltimoron myself, but I'd pick DC over Philly. That and Baltimore will never get a hockey team, unless Leonsis goes full MASN on the team that moves there, and the civic center is older than dirt. 

It's been great to see you jump into the board, and be active... our thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors