Photo

Mayweather / McGregor


  • Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

    Owner

  • Administrators
  • 91,615 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:36 PM

Bleacher Report: Floyd Mayweather Discusses Possible Conor McGregor Fight, Gennady Golovkin, More
http://bleacherrepor...paign=editorial



#2 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

    HOF

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,905 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

Conor gets destroyed in a straight boxing match. Floyd has no chance in MMA. 

 

Conor's has to take advantage of the hype train while it's rolling, but he's doing his best to derail it. 



#3 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

    Movie & MMA Analyst

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

This has a less than zero percent chance of happening.
  • SammyBirdland likes this
@theoriolereport

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.podbean.com

#4 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

    Sr. Orioles Analyst

  • Moderators
  • 67,105 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:44 AM

This has a less than zero percent chance of happening.

You would think but the payday could make them do it.

 

McGregor will get destroyed.


@BSLRobShields

#5 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

    Movie & MMA Analyst

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:08 PM

I think this can be put to rest. McGregor vs. Diaz 2 announced for UFC 202 on August 20.
@theoriolereport

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.podbean.com

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

    Owner

  • Administrators
  • 91,615 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

Sports Illustrated: UFC's Dana White offers Mayweather, McGregor $25M each to fight



#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

    Owner

  • Administrators
  • 91,615 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

Sports Illustrated: Mayweather on if he wants McGregor fight: ‘Absolutely’



#8 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

    HOF

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,905 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:55 PM

Mayweather got over $200 million (reportedly) to fight Pacquiao. I can't imagine $25 million to fight Conor is too enticing. Would be a huge PPV, though. 


  • BSLBobPhelan likes this

#9 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

    Sr. Orioles Analyst

  • Moderators
  • 67,105 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

I think this can be put to rest. McGregor vs. Diaz 2 announced for UFC 202 on August 20.


Nope...it's going to happen.

I can't believe you never thought this would happen.
@BSLRobShields

#10 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

    Movie & MMA Analyst

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

I think this can be put to rest. McGregor vs. Diaz 2 announced for UFC 202 on August 20.
Nope...it's going to happen. I can't believe you never thought this would happen.
I still don't think it's gonna happen but I admit it is a possibility now. But it definitely still makes zero sense from a competitive standpoint.
@theoriolereport

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.podbean.com

#11 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

    Sr. Orioles Analyst

  • Moderators
  • 67,105 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:17 PM

I still don't think it's gonna happen but I admit it is a possibility now. But it definitely still makes zero sense from a competitive standpoint.


The competitive standpoint is meaningless. This is about green and lots of it.
  • BSLBobPhelan likes this
@BSLRobShields

#12 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

    Movie & MMA Analyst

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:20 PM

I still don't think it's gonna happen but I admit it is a possibility now. But it definitely still makes zero sense from a competitive standpoint.
The competitive standpoint is meaningless. This is about green and lots of it.
No doubt. Which is why I think it's mostly about Conor leveraging more money from the UFC but if they somehow come to terms on the boxing match, even better (for him).
@theoriolereport

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.podbean.com

#13 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

    Sr. Orioles Analyst

  • Moderators
  • 67,105 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:39 PM

No doubt. Which is why I think it's mostly about Conor leveraging more money from the UFC but if they somehow come to terms on the boxing match, even better (for him).


UFC wants him to fight this fight.
@BSLRobShields

#14 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

    Movie & MMA Analyst

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:39 AM

No doubt. Which is why I think it's mostly about Conor leveraging more money from the UFC but if they somehow come to terms on the boxing match, even better (for him).
UFC wants him to fight this fight.
Only if they're involved in a major way.
@theoriolereport

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.podbean.com

#15 BSLRobShields

BSLRobShields

    Sr. Orioles Analyst

  • Moderators
  • 67,105 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

It's happening

http://www.espn.com/...very-very-close
@BSLRobShields

#16 bnickle

bnickle

    HOF

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,672 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:44 PM

Just get it over with already. People paying to watch these two fight are stupid. Floyd is going to dominate a boxing match. If it were an MMA fight Connor would dominate. If you were disappointed with Floyd-Pacquiao wait til you spend $100 to buy this shitshow
  • BSLBobPhelan likes this

#17 bnickle

bnickle

    HOF

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,672 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

The only intrigue in this whole thing is if Connor tries to go ahead with this without the UFC. The fight between him and UFC would be the real fireworks
  • BSLBobPhelan likes this

#18 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

    Movie & MMA Analyst

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

Just get it over with already. People paying to watch these two fight is stupid. Floyd is going to dominate a boxing match. If it were an MMA fight Connor would dominate. If you were disappointed with Floyd-Pacquiao wait til you spend $100 to buy this shitshow

Completely agree but I would still absolutely buy it. For the spectacle alone. 1% chance Conor catches him, 99% chance he gets embarrassed and loses every round. Not sure if this is good or bad for Conor's drawing power even if he loses bad. I feel like he would at least need to have 'a moment'.
@theoriolereport

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.podbean.com

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

    Owner

  • Administrators
  • 91,615 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

@Rambobiggs

Mayweather and McGregor just signed contract. Fight is on.


  • BSLBobPhelan likes this

#20 BSLBobPhelan

BSLBobPhelan

    Movie & MMA Analyst

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

August 26th
@theoriolereport

The Redbox Report Podcast - http://theredboxreport.podbean.com




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors