25 replies to this topic

#21 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,864 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

I'm not sure what was unimpressive to you nor do I understand what you expect highlight film to tell you.

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 87,039 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

I'm not sure what was unimpressive to you nor do I understand what you expect highlight film to tell you.

I'm surely am not saying there isn't value in the bigs that can step out, but I personally prefer bigs who want to stay around the rim.

He runs pretty well, but not exceptionally (a little stiff in his hips). He could finish with more authority. At-least more consistently.

He will be a good player.  Productive.  He's got some upside, and will develop further.

He looks better to me than Garrison did, but somewhat similar games. He's not the athlete Ibekwe was, but he is more skilled.

He kinda reminds me of Jamar Smith (physically).

#23 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,864 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

If you really want to try to learn anything you should watch full games against solid competition in competitive settings. Obviously, not necessarily possible to do that. That's what was so great about Huerter and Stone making Team USA. You could watch both play full games in competitive settings and get a feel for their games
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#24 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:35 PM

I have seen him in person, two or three times.  I think he is a player and one who will get stronger physically as he gains a few pounds.

Smith has some skills that Maryland has been lacking.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#25 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,864 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

Wiggins and Smith's stock both still rising this summer. This has the chance to be a special class. The best MD has seen in a long time.
  • Mike B likes this

#26 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Wiggins and Smith's stock both still rising this summer. This has the chance to be a special class. The best MD has seen in a long time.

Both athletic players too. Turgeon's recruits seem to evolve from year to year.  I am hoping that as his recruits become quicker and more athletic the style of play becomes more full court.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors