#361 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

Little late, but slam #16 for Rafa.  Makes it a little interesting coming into the 2018 season with Fed.  Also the return of Djoker and Murray will be welcomed.  And hey, maybe some of the young guns will breakthrough.  Should be a fun 2018!

#362 bnickle

bnickle

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,972 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:09 AM

Absolute Golden Era of tennis. Nadal-Fed is one of the greatest rivalries in sports history. The two greatest ever with Djokovic also right there as a Top 5 guy ever. Hope people have watched and appreciated over the last decade.
  • DuffMan and B00E00N00 like this

#363 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,866 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:43 AM

Federer is 36 so he might be done winning slams.   Nadal is only 31  if he can stay healthy you have to think he has a few more in him (certainly at least another French).

You can bet on the numbers, or you can bet on Buck Showalter.

#364 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

Federer is 36 so he might be done winning slams.   Nadal is only 31  if he can stay healthy you have to think he has a few more in him (certainly at least another French).

I think Fed has a better chance to keep winning slams than Nadal.  Nadal's body and game style won't age well.  They'll be a cliff and it'll happen very quickly.  

@fuzydunlop

#365 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,866 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

I think Fed has a better chance to keep winning slams than Nadal.  Nadal's body and game style won't age well.  They'll be a cliff and it'll happen very quickly.  

But if he starts cutting back on his tournaments (like Fed has) that could extend his peak a bit.  Honestly this year has really surprised me from both of them.  If you would have told me at the beginning of the year that the 2 would both win two majors I would have thought we traveled back in time 5-6 years.  Remarkable bounce back year from both.

You can bet on the numbers, or you can bet on Buck Showalter.

#366 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Nadal isn't the kinda guy to cut back. 

@fuzydunlop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users