#3781 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

I enjoyed the ending because I love a good troll job. The Summerslam crowd had to be SOOOOOOO mad though.

The main event notwithstanding, the whole weekend was great. Even the squashes were good! 

If I could rank the top 5 matches of the weekend.

Gargano/Ciampa

Undisputed Era/Mustache Mountain

Miz/Bryan

Rollins/Ziggler

Cole/Ricochet

NXT is loaded for bear. It's actually pretty amazing, how that entire roster has rolled over and it's STILL great.

#3782 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:21 AM

Also, if you haven't seen Velveteen Dream's wardrobe for Takeover...my goodness. It's perfect.

#3783 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,402 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:31 AM

I enjoyed the ending because I love a good troll job. The Summerslam crowd had to be SOOOOOOO mad though.

They were. Chanting "you both suck". Which the sound guys quickly muted out of the broadcast. 

WM was enough of a troll job. The match just sucked. The Strowman wrinkle at least gave it something else to keep an eye on. But Lesnar did a crap job selling any of Roman punches. Then as tough as Lesnar has been to beat, we're supposed to believe that one spear after he'd been dominating the whole time is supposed to beat him? 

Nah, I don't buy it. If it means Lesnar is gone from WWE, then we'll get over it quickly. 

My other takeaway from last night is Becky turning heel. I love me some Lynch, so that was sad to see. However I heard her on Stone Colds podcast once a while back and she said she loves working heel. So I'm a little excited to see it. Apparently a lot of wrestlers like working heel because you don't have to be on point all the time. Faces can't miss a line, stumble on words, botch in matches. A lot more pressure on the faces. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#3784 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:36 AM

They were. Chanting "you both suck". Which the sound guys quickly muted out of the broadcast. 

WM was enough of a troll job. The match just sucked. The Strowman wrinkle at least gave it something else to keep an eye on. But Lesnar did a crap job selling any of Roman punches. Then as tough as Lesnar has been to beat, we're supposed to believe that one spear after he'd been dominating the whole time is supposed to beat him? 

Nah, I don't buy it. If it means Lesnar is gone from WWE, then we'll get over it quickly. 

My other takeaway from last night is Becky turning heel. I love me some Lynch, so that was sad to see. However I heard her on Stone Colds podcast once a while back and she said she loves working heel. So I'm a little excited to see it. Apparently a lot of wrestlers like working heel because you don't have to be on point all the time. Faces can't miss a line, stumble on words, botch in matches. A lot more pressure on the faces. 

I'm not gonna justify the Lesnar match because honestly, he should have gotten the belt at GRR and last night should have been Roman/Braun. However, I think there's a good chance that we see that tonight...either getting us Braun as champ, or full-heel Roman. Can't lose either way. 

I...think Becky stays face. The reaction from the crowd was so positive...like, SO POSITIVE...that maybe they'll tweak the storyline a bit. I think that got the biggest pop of the night. It reminds me of the Summerslam 3 years ago, when New Day (still heels) did their "All those other tag teams are booty...that's right I said booty..." and the crowd just ate it up. From there, they leaned into it, and they've been faces ever since.

#3785 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:08 AM

FYI, Velveteen Dream's twitter page gave the strong implication that he's being called up. 

#3786 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

FYI, Velveteen Dream's twitter page gave the strong implication that he's being called up. 

I would have to think the pants were approved by the powers to be, so not surprised.

I hope if they do, they get him in a hot feud, quick.  He is talented.

I would not be surprised, to see Gargano too

@mikeghg

#3787 BSLSethBondroff

BSLSethBondroff

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,841 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:42 PM

We don't watch much anymore, but did watch Summerslam and I thought it was great. 

Baron Corbin always bores me, and I didn't love the Braun/KO match, but other than that, nothing to complain about.

Unpopular opinion alert:

I think Roman is great, and really hope we've seen the last of Brock for a while. 

@beginthebegin71

#3788 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Moderators
  • 8,587 posts
  • LocationThe BQ

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:28 PM

Brock did a great job throwing the briefcase last night.

#3789 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 AM

I'm so mad that I didn't see the end of Raw coming.

That was obvious, in hindsight.

#3790 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 10,373 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 AM

I'm so mad that I didn't see the end of Raw coming.

That was obvious, in hindsight.

RIGHT???!!!

I even had like a 10 minute conversation with my 7 year old about who was in Shield and what they did (explaining Ambrose and what he was doing helping Seth) yesterday (we had softball Sunday so watched SummerSlam yesterday afternoon instead).

@JeremyMStrain

#3791 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted Yesterday, 08:52 AM

RIGHT???!!!

I even had like a 10 minute conversation with my 7 year old about who was in Shield and what they did (explaining Ambrose and what he was doing helping Seth) yesterday (we had softball Sunday so watched SummerSlam yesterday afternoon instead).

I know that people were tired of the title not being on Raw...and that solved this...

...but I hope that they milk this at LEAST through the end of the calendar year. This is GOLD, and I didn't know we needed this. This is a long-game storyline that they can legit milk for as long as they want. Braun chasing the title for 6+ months sounds like a blast of a time.

This is the most impressive thing the main roster has done in quite some time (at least since the Gauntlet Match), and this was SO OBVIOUS.

#3792 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted Yesterday, 08:55 AM

Also, I'm glad we finally closed the book on the "Finn Balor never got a true rematch" portion of the program. 

• JeremyStrain likes this

#3793 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 10,373 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted Yesterday, 09:12 AM

I know that people were tired of the title not being on Raw...and that solved this...

...but I hope that they milk this at LEAST through the end of the calendar year. This is GOLD, and I didn't know we needed this. This is a long-game storyline that they can legit milk for as long as they want. Braun chasing the title for 6+ months sounds like a blast of a time.

This is the most impressive thing the main roster has done in quite some time (at least since the Gauntlet Match), and this was SO OBVIOUS.

Was thinking the same. I see a set up for a classic Survivor Series match the Shield on one side, Braun and Finn on the other. The question is, do you go heel with them? I feel like you aren't going to have a choice, fans HAAAATE Roman and love Braun, and it's unfortunate that Seth is going to get lumped in with that. Ambrose just looks heel all the time, so that's easy, but you have to end the Ziggler/Mac title chase too if you are going that way, so who gets in that?

Then you could do Shield and AoP, have all the titles on their side, have them make a SS team? That'd be pretty scary.

@JeremyMStrain

#3794 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 AM

Was thinking the same. I see a set up for a classic Survivor Series match the Shield on one side, Braun and Finn on the other. The question is, do you go heel with them? I feel like you aren't going to have a choice, fans HAAAATE Roman and love Braun, and it's unfortunate that Seth is going to get lumped in with that. Ambrose just looks heel all the time, so that's easy, but you have to end the Ziggler/Mac title chase too if you are going that way, so who gets in that?

Then you could do Shield and AoP, have all the titles on their side, have them make a SS team? That'd be pretty scary.

I'll go into more detail later, but:

1) They have to be heels, for the reasons you just said. The crowd loves The Shield, but the hate for Roman and love for Braun completely overshadows that. Heel Shield and Face New Day are the two best groups that WWE has had since...man...mid-2000s? It's pretty impossible to mess up. Let's do this. 

2) I wouldn't be surprised if we get the Ziggler/McIntyre breakup soon. Once Braun/Shield finalizes, Drew will be the next man up. Either that or they become a tag team. They're hurting for good teams right now. 

3) Between The Shield, Rousey, and Braun...man, Raw is BACK. What a damn good reset.

#3795 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 10,373 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 AM

I'll go into more detail later, but:

1) They have to be heels, for the reasons you just said. The crowd loves The Shield, but the hate for Roman and love for Braun completely overshadows that. Heel Shield and Face New Day are the two best groups that WWE has had since...man...mid-2000s? It's pretty impossible to mess up. Let's do this. 

2) I wouldn't be surprised if we get the Ziggler/McIntyre breakup soon. Once Braun/Shield finalizes, Drew will be the next man up. Either that or they become a tag team. They're hurting for good teams right now. 

3) Between The Shield, Rousey, and Braun...man, Raw is BACK. What a damn good reset.

That's funny, I was just thinking man, if you rounded out that Braun/Finn team with the New Day that would be amazing. Maybe it's just cause those are most of my favorites currently...but still.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I was wondering why they had this Dean/Seth Zigg/Mac thing going unless it feeds to their next feuds but now I'm all confused. They really do need some good face tag teams on Raw. I mean AoP is going to destroy things once they get their shot, but who is going to go after the belts FROM them? The B Team? I appreciate the comic break right now, and the 3 stooges act is kinda funny, but man that division is soft right now.

I think I really like the female Stone Cold approach they are taking with Ronda right now. I like it a LOT more if Steph recruits a team to just antagonize her forever and swarm her with numbers, and then here comes the 4 horsewomen. But you can drag this out for a while. Start having Ronda show up random places just throwing Steph in an arm bar. Knock on the door...is it Amazon? NOPE ARM BAR!!! Picking up her dry cleaning, ARM BAR. Stuck in a stall with no TP, reaching under the door...ARM BAR. It'd be pretty funny for a while. Like hitting Vince in the head with a bed pan funny.

• The Epic likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#3796 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted Yesterday, 09:59 AM

That's funny, I was just thinking man, if you rounded out that Braun/Finn team with the New Day that would be amazing. Maybe it's just cause those are most of my favorites currently...but still.

I do think that a War-Games style match between The New Day, The Shield, and The Club SHOULD happen. And it should happen in Australia. Like...get it done and overwith, because we have been wanting this for a while and never got the shot. Hell, throw the Wyatts in there for one night only. Go all out. Make it non-canon. IDK. Just...do us this solid.

#3797 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted Yesterday, 09:59 AM

I think I really like the female Stone Cold approach they are taking with Ronda right now. I like it a LOT more if Steph recruits a team to just antagonize her forever and swarm her with numbers, and then here comes the 4 horsewomen. But you can drag this out for a while. Start having Ronda show up random places just throwing Steph in an arm bar. Knock on the door...is it Amazon? NOPE ARM BAR!!! Picking up her dry cleaning, ARM BAR. Stuck in a stall with no TP, reaching under the door...ARM BAR. It'd be pretty funny for a while. Like hitting Vince in the head with a bed pan funny.

I want this. I want this forever.

"Paul, did you order a pizz-" "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER I GOT YOU AN ARM BAR"

#3798 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Moderators
  • 10,373 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 AM

I want this. I want this forever.

"Paul, did you order a pizz-" "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER I GOT YOU AN ARM BAR"

Lol, I'm just imaging her wide eye looks of terror every time she extends her arm, to the point she starts walking around like a T Rex. Hang on, I'll be right there, I just need to grab my coat...ARMBAR. Make Ronda like a funny little ninja who just pops out of everywhere to torture her.

It even transitions well, cause then Steph recruits her stable to protect her after she gets arm barred into like 2050. Then you get the Brazzler debut to back up Ronda, and you've got a Survivor Series match.

Riot Squad is a logical recruitment for that, but I can't see them working for "the man" in Steph. Goes against their whole anarchy thing. Maybe you just have her revive the corporation angle, but an all female version? I dunno, sometimes going to the well works.

• The Epic likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#3799 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted Yesterday, 11:09 AM

Lol, I'm just imaging her wide eye looks of terror every time she extends her arm, to the point she starts walking around like a T Rex. Hang on, I'll be right there, I just need to grab my coat...ARMBAR. Make Ronda like a funny little ninja who just pops out of everywhere to torture her.

It even transitions well, cause then Steph recruits her stable to protect her after she gets arm barred into like 2050. Then you get the Brazzler debut to back up Ronda, and you've got a Survivor Series match.

Riot Squad is a logical recruitment for that, but I can't see them working for "the man" in Steph. Goes against their whole anarchy thing. Maybe you just have her revive the corporation angle, but an all female version? I dunno, sometimes going to the well works.

That could legit work...and I'd actually be fine with Riott Squad joining Steph as a backup stable. The numbers game actually works, especially when Shayna makes her way to the main roster.

People say that the women don't have good storylines...that would legit be the B-storyline on Raw. Would watch. A++

#3800 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,384 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted Yesterday, 08:24 PM

So Charlotte and Becky get to have the feud that Bayley and Banks should have had...
You can bet on the numbers, or you can bet on Buck Showalter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Partners