#2541 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,828 posts
  • LocationLanham, MD

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

The Raw after his death was announced was memorable.   It started as a tribute to Benoit and than as the show went on, the facts started to come out and the whole mood changed.

Access at WM, if full of pictures, and memorabilia, with all the greats mentioned.  I have been to 5 Mania's and have never seen even a picture of Benoit.

Snuka, is another who is not seen.

It's just so sad. I mean in an industry like that with so much testosterone and uh...supplements...there has always been behind the scenes drama. Cheating. Divorce. Abuse. Etc. But this was just on such a different level, and it's crazy cause that's NOT the one you would have expected something from. Just really makes you think about the dangerous combination of brain trauma and various supplements and chemicals and what it could really do. :/ Sad stuff.

@JeremyMStrain

#2542 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

It's just so sad. I mean in an industry like that with so much testosterone and uh...supplements...there has always been behind the scenes drama. Cheating. Divorce. Abuse. Etc. But this was just on such a different level, and it's crazy cause that's NOT the one you would have expected something from. Just really makes you think about the dangerous combination of brain trauma and various supplements and chemicals and what it could really do. :/ Sad stuff.

I think the WWE got more serious with its wellness policy because of things like Benoit and the head injuries.  My suspicion is there is still a lot of work to do.

The owner of the company at 70 years old was until recently a walking advertisement for, "uh..... suplements"

• JeremyStrain likes this
@mikeghg

#2543 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

I think the WWE got more serious with its wellness policy because of things like Benoit and the head injuries.  My suspicion is there is still a lot of work to do.

The owner of the company at 70 years old was until recently a walking advertisement for, "uh..... suplements"

The Benoit episode and the post-9/11 episode are the two weirdest episodes to re-watch. Check them out again if you can. The whole thing is strange.

#2544 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,582 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

The Benoit episode and the post-9/11 episode are the two weirdest episodes to re-watch. Check them out again if you can. The whole thing is strange.

Wasn't the Benoit episode the one after "Mr. McMahon" the character died. So after his character died, Vince had to magically reappear 7 days later to address the tragedy when he was probably going on vacation instead.
@BSLMikeRandall

#2545 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:11 AM

Wasn't the Benoit episode the one after "Mr. McMahon" the character died. So after his character died, Vince had to magically reappear 7 days later to address the tragedy when he was probably going on vacation instead.

Yes, it was.  

@mikeghg

#2546 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,582 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

Benoit winning the title at WM 20.

BTW, not trolling or anything. That was a legit great moment.

Went back and watched. That was an incredible one. So much bloodshed. At the end when Eddie Guererro came out to hug Benoit...eerie now.

I don't think the network has the post Benoit incident Raw. On the date it would have been is a complilation of "matches of the year".

Post 9-11 Raw was odd just to see the matchups. Test and Stephanie in a handicap match against the Rock, and Steph pins him. Lol. A lot of WWF vs. ECW vs. WCW matches.

Smack down was the 9-11 tribute coming two days later. Raw was nearly a week after. Smack down may have been the only sporting event not to postpone. Football didn't play the following Sunday, baseball I think took a week off.

Of course Kurt Angle won both headliners in the SD and Raw episodes post 9-11.
@BSLMikeRandall

#2547 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

Went back and watched. That was an incredible one. So much bloodshed. At the end when Eddie Guererro came out to hug Benoit...eerie now.

I don't think the network has the post Benoit incident Raw. On the date it would have been is a complilation of "matches of the year".

Post 9-11 Raw was odd just to see the matchups. Test and Stephanie in a handicap match against the Rock, and Steph pins him. Lol. A lot of WWF vs. ECW vs. WCW matches.

Smack down was the 9-11 tribute coming two days later. Raw was nearly a week after. Smack down may have been the only sporting event not to postpone. Football didn't play the following Sunday, baseball I think took a week off.

Of course Kurt Angle won both headliners in the SD and Raw episodes post 9-11.

https://www.reddit.c..._of_raw_062507/

ETA, this isn't the whole thing. I thought it was on the Network not too long ago, but maybe they thought better of it and took it down.

Also ETA: I meant the Smackdown after 9/11, you're right.
  • Mike B and BSLMikeRandall like this

#2548 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:53 AM

So Shane O Mac had a close call the other day.  Some sort of issue with the helicopter he was on and the pilot had to land it in the Ocean!  Both Shane and the pilot we're fine but scary stuff none the less.

You can bet on the numbers, or you can bet on Buck Showalter.

#2549 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

https://www.reddit.c..._of_raw_062507/

ETA, this isn't the whole thing. I thought it was on the Network not too long ago, but maybe they thought better of it and took it down.

Also ETA: I meant the Smackdown after 9/11, you're right.

This must have been the one I remembered.  I do remember the Vince tribute....They moved away from it quickly, which was the right thing to do

@mikeghg

#2550 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:45 AM

So Shane O Mac had a close call the other day. Some sort of issue with the helicopter he was on and the pilot had to land it in the Ocean! Both Shane and the pilot we're fine but scary stuff none the less.

Here is the story

http://www.espn.com/...s-ocean-landing

And this---wild stuff-he was lucky

http://campussports....escue-released/
@mikeghg

#2551 BSLMikeRandall

BSLMikeRandall

Sr. Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,582 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

So Shane O Mac had a close call the other day.  Some sort of issue with the helicopter he was on and the pilot had to land it in the Ocean!  Both Shane and the pilot we're fine but scary stuff none the less.

Landing a helicopter in the water might only be the fourth most scariest thing he's done in his life. Seriously.

• DuffMan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2552 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

Landing a helicopter in the water might only be the fourth most scariest thing he's done in his life. Seriously.

100% true.

And I'd put those Angle suplexes at either 1 or 2 on any list.

#2553 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted Yesterday, 02:29 PM

Should be a good show tonight.

8 matches not counting the pre-show.

@mikeghg

#2554 The Epic